Articles on this Page
- 09/11/13--08:17: _Project Management ...
- 12/09/13--08:32: _Inexperience Can Be...
- 02/10/14--09:35: _Can We Really Just ...
- 02/20/14--07:46: _ALWAYS Is Probably ...
- 05/06/14--08:48: _When Product Succes...
- 06/02/16--06:59: _Whatever Triggers O...
- 07/27/16--05:39: _Refactoring Stream-...
- 02/22/18--19:59: _Shaping Priorities
- 06/23/18--08:41: _Being too simple ca...
- 10/04/18--10:02: _Clean out the queep
- 10/27/18--13:30: _Not a HIT
- 09/11/13--08:17: Project Management Lessons From The Snowden Affair
- 12/09/13--08:32: Inexperience Can Be Our Greatest Asset
- 02/10/14--09:35: Can We Really Just Ignore The Small Stuff?
- 02/20/14--07:46: ALWAYS Is Probably Not The Word We Want To Use
- 05/06/14--08:48: When Product Success Is Bad For Project Management
- 06/02/16--06:59: Whatever Triggers Our Attention Go For It
- 07/27/16--05:39: Refactoring Stream-Of-Thought Management
- 02/22/18--19:59: Shaping Priorities
- 06/23/18--08:41: Being too simple can be a good thing
- 10/04/18--10:02: Clean out the queep
- 10/27/18--13:30: Not a HIT
That’s astonishing to me. The rules are not being applied well or they need to be more strict! Uh, oh - not so fast Senator.
Go for it. Your inexperience can be your greatest asset.
In the worst case I figured, I could always change them back to what they were. So I “fixed” them. Disaster?
"I’ve ALWAYS found that the face-to-face relationship is far superior." Always?
Success can be a very bad thing and only perpetuate bad practices, until they finally eat out the soul of the company.
[Anouk] Wipprecht finds that her keys to success are curiosity, being willing to work across disciplines, and having a clear mission. “Whatever triggers your attention, go for it,” she says. “A lot of engineers ask me,” ‘How do I do design?’ I say, just go out and make stuff. And a lot of designers ask […]
Refactoring not only helps improve the mechanical quality of code; it also helps you learn from your code. When refactoring, you converge on better models. Right now, your code works, but it may feel tense, even a bit brittle. Refactoring reveals the implicit model, which informs your understanding of the domain. In the test-driven development […]
“It’s almost like a dark state going on in Tallahassee,” said Rep. Carlos Trujillo, a Miami Republican and critic of the “culture of Tallahassee that compromises the process” because “priorities are shaped not on policy, but on relationships. MiamiHerald.com, Nov 5, 2017, Code of silence is breaking on Tallahassee’s sex secrets. I love a good […]
Yet Abt, on behalf of Carthage College, in Kenosha, Wis., has returns that beat Harvard ’s $37 billion endowment and most others. In the 10 years through the most recent college fiscal year, ended on June 30, 2017, the former beer company executive racked up a 6.2 percent average annual return, according to the school. […]
The Air Force has revoked more than 226 Air Force instructions deemed unnecessary or outdated over the past year as part of its ongoing effort to get rid of so-called “queep.” In an interview at her Pentagon office Tuesday, Air Force Secretary Heather Wilson said the rescinded Air Force instructions contained 4,795 individual rules, or […]
IT [Information Technology] use in the healthcare industry has experienced tremendous growth and attention since 2007. Yet concrete and credible evidence that HIT improves health outcomes remains inconclusive. Our investigation of New York State healthcare providers further indicates the healthcare industry may be experiencing an ongoing HIT productivity paradox, mirroring earlier patterns in manufacturing and […]